1 question for you

Homepage Forums Creative Corner 1 question for you

GloRy (@Glory)    7 months, 3 weeks ago

What was the last thing that made you proud of your self?

0 votes, posted 08.24.2013 at 11:01 am
+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Anonymous (@)7 months, 4 weeks ago ago

“Pride is gay.” – @danfontaine

+
GloRy (@Glory)7 months, 4 weeks ago ago

@beyond, thats your excuse for not having a thing to share? you know its not:D

+

@Glory, It’s not an excuse. I think being proud of something is what excuses are made of. I have a lot to share, but being proud of anything I did or was the reason to be done, only matters if I’m genuinely holding the same potential to do so.

+
Ray Butler (@trek79)7 months, 4 weeks ago ago

@Glory, I wrote this paper thing http://www.highexistence.com/topic/so-i-wrote-a-paper/

I wouldn’t so much say I am proud of it but rather it was fun to write, I hope I am sufficiently condescending and look nice and insane because of it :)

But pride is gay, they say it is the source of all other 6 sins, but then maybe people are just not using it right.

+
Aalia (@Aalia)7 months, 4 weeks ago ago

@Glory, it was about 2 weeks ago , i had a boyfriend who was claim that he loves me so much and he wanna get engaged with me as soon as possible. i said to him: why we should in hurry, we have enough time but he forced. i said: OK !but i decided to taking garb of him. finally i understood, he loves me cause of taking citizen ship of USA. I didn’t say to him anything but directly, i reject him. How was that Glory??

+

@beyond ,true,but being proud of your self isn’t wrong and doesnt make whatever you did less valuable,you have to keep on reminding your self of how great you are and how great you can go,how helpful caring and powerful,this just will empower your abilities to do more over and over. you should be aware of how precious you are as a human being, and you should keep on asking your self this question to know if any dereliction was made? i asked this to get inspired by what others have done,and to be aware of how far i can go… and what kind of activities make someone proud of himself. so would you answer that?

+
secretagentpeter (@secretagentpeter)7 months, 4 weeks ago ago

@beyond, Agreed, Pride is gay.
Recently I had a class where the first assignment that was to be about why we are proud of ourselves. There’s many things I love to do but nothing I know has ever given me pride.
But I went along with the stupid assignment because I remember the teacher saying something like “If you don’t have pride then you must obviously be a boring person.” I wish I had confronted the feeling of not understanding the assignment so I could have realized how wrong that bitch was. Instead I allowed myself to be lead by a blind idiot.

+

@Aalia, wow!! you actually used your mind over heart,if more people did so,the world would have been more livable!! i’m seriously deeply proud of what you have done,thats great. i think you’re strong and nothing can stop you from getting what you want,because you really care and aware of all the decisions you make!!i dont really know you but i’m pretty sure this is right !!

+
Francina (@francina)7 months, 4 weeks ago ago

I don’t see being proud of yourself as a bad thing. It just means you’re self assured, you know your strengths and you can acknowledge that not everybody has the same abilities you have.

+

@francina, @Glory, @secretagentpeter,

I’d just like to say fuck off, swallow your bullshit that isn’t of anyone’s use and better learn how to practice humility if you’re still suffering from not getting the attention you think you deserve.

“Pride goeth before our fall.” – Ancient proverb

Be happy. Not proud.

+

@trek79, hahah i’m reading your paper :) this is taking more time than i thought lol

+

Remember, no matter how proud you are, there is still an Asian toddler out there more talented than you are. http://www.snotr.com/video/7044/Chinese_Toddlers_Play_On_Big_Guitars

+
Aalia (@Aalia)7 months, 4 weeks ago ago

@Glory, thank you, well i know how to use my mind and heart both at which situation! Heart is for feelings but mind is for knowing people’s purpose. ;)

+
RoyalT (@RoyalT)7 months, 4 weeks ago ago

Ive been getting up every morning for the last week and running a 5k before work. I feel pretty proud about that and I hope keep it up.

+

@Glory, Ha, thanks, it is pretty long, it’s hard to read anything that doesn’t have George Carlin quality humour in it :p

+

@beyond, I would have to say Carlin is probably the best philosopher there is. He is really just pointing out where our logic goes so wrong. I think he is probably one of the most miserable pricks I have ever seen, people can learn a lot from him, the right blend of apathy and empathy is pretty much what we are all looking for.

Unfortunately, I don’t know how seriously people take comedians, but probably more so than bleeding hearts and control freaks.

+

@trek79, Confidence doesn’t come from misery.

That’s something the universal language cannot define yet.

The truth is there is misery in everyone, he just speaks everyone’s language.

He is the best philosopher there is. :)

Or, he was the first philosopher actually applauded for telling the truth in the face of those with power. :)

+

@beyond, I just mean miserable as in he is very frustrated with dumbshits but he doesn’t give up trying to snap them out of it, I’d say compassion inspired rage.

+

Compassion Inspired Rage. Sounds like love. :) Hehe, it is love. But it’s also what no one has control over.

+

@trek79, reading your paper!! hahhaa i’m lost. well some humor would be helpful ,its really hard lol.

+
LVX (@Vovinawol)7 months, 3 weeks ago ago

When we embrace our ego’s then a little pride makes us feel good. It’s nice to toss ourself a bone here and there : )

+
Bryan (@Substratum)7 months, 3 weeks ago ago

I would be proud of myself if I could communicate the need to define your terms before getting into a debate about a word that means too many things to too many people in too many different contexts….proud if I could because it seems like an impossible task

Start with the definition …agree what it means…then express your opinion about it…otherwise you are speaking in different languages and nobody understands what anyone else means

+
Bryan (@Substratum)7 months, 3 weeks ago ago

USING “GAY” AS AN INSULT IS IGNORANT AND OFFENSIVE NOT JUST TO GAYS BUT TO ANY PERSON WHO BELIEVES PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE LABELED AND INSULTED FOR WHO THEY HAPPEN TO BE .>.

+