2012 STILL Racist!

Homepage Forums Global Awareness 2012 STILL Racist!

Tony (@emjay)    2 years, 6 months ago

After the mentioned ‘Stand Up comedy’ thread, I got to thinking how many of todays comedians still thrive on race jokes… But I think racism is still much alive… I lived in Chicago my whole life up until 3yrs ago… And I’ll say one thing. It’s the most segregated city I’ve ever been in…. Everyone has their ‘neighborhood’. Up until I was in 8th grade, there was never a ‘black kid’ in my school. Just hispanics.. I never noticed it until High School and later, college.. It’s fucked up.
But going further than city segregation, now that I llive in another country, I notice the racism is a global issue… Here in Mexico, it’s so stupid how Mexicans kill other mexicans because of where they’re from… But it’s the same in other countries I bet. Maybe some of the European HEathens can comment on that… But yeah, for my n!ggaz in the States, check out how even ESPN’s – ALWAYS-politically correct- anchors back up my point.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/19/sport/espn-lin-slur/index.html?hpt=us_c2

0 votes, posted 02.20.2012 at 5:07 pm
+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Rob Goughnour (@thegouj)2 years, 6 months ago ago

Racism isn’t going anywhere as long as boundaries remain on earth. No one understands we live on earth not America, Mexico, or China. You even see racism in Democrat policies that are aimed to make the playing field fair. Even that is racism.

+
ELI var namnet (@manimal)2 years, 6 months ago ago

Rob, countries have nothing to do with the matter, that’s nationalism. Not racism.

Racism is about race. Thinking that the races are biologically different and that some races are superior to others, that’s racism.

+
Alex (@hollowinfinity)2 years, 6 months ago ago

Our science has yet to prove that we are equals, so I don’t see racism going anywhere until that happens. I’m not racist, but I can see how some are.

+
Morgan (@m17lee)2 years, 6 months ago ago

I really don’t understand racism. The only thing that has changed the colors of our skin is the areas we have lived in. Someone’s skin is black or darker because their ancestors lived in a place that had extreme harsh sun conditions so the darkening of their skin was a protection, a defense mechanism. How does that make them unequal to whites? If you really think about it they are stronger and more advanced with their added protection against the sun. Skin color isn’t important and I don’t understand how some people really think it is. People are people no matter their looks.

+

@Morgan, its just as easy to look at it like how there are different types of cats, and dogs. There is the main coon cat, the kaleko. They all have different attributes, but they are still cats. Is it racist for us to prefer one type of cat over the other?

+
BirdFlyingHigh (@birdflyinghigh)2 years, 6 months ago ago

Racism is just in-group mentality. That is ALWAYS going to be around.

+

Some people also see it as, we all evolved OUT of africa, so some people also assume that since we evolved out then we are more advanced, or evolved.

+
BirdFlyingHigh (@birdflyinghigh)2 years, 6 months ago ago

Ah yes, Western knowledge is generally a bit obsessed with a narrative of progression. You see it through many fields.

+
Avatar of General Tits Von Chodehoffen

Crazy isn’t it.

+
Morgan (@m17lee)2 years, 6 months ago ago

@Alex that was really thought provoking. I think I’m going to find myself thinking a lot of about cats within the next few days lol. I guess that applies to any other animal, dogs as well with so many different breeds. But when it comes down to it they are all the same kind of animal just as humans are.

+
Tony (@emjay)2 years, 6 months ago ago

Guys.. So what do we do about this?? Where’s David Olvera’s million dollar scheme to solve this problem???!!?!?

+
ELI var namnet (@manimal)2 years, 6 months ago ago

@Tony No no no, you have to be an indigo genius who can distort reality, and make a world-changing website in an hour. Only then will you find it.

Oh, and cut that siesta out too ;)

+
Tony (@emjay)2 years, 6 months ago ago

ahhh Dammit… I thought he could upload a 20minute video that would alter everyone’s ‘dimension’… Along with a few Google pictures of a white hand shaking a black hand… World Changing shit manimal! Just wait until everyone catches on to this ‘new age thinking’… Just you wait.

+
Chris (@vulpes)2 years, 6 months ago ago

People naturally feel more comfortable around those who look similar to themselves. This is nothing personal, just the instinct that those who look like you may be a part of your family or tribe. This is the theory I personally subscribe to and I’ll admit to having laughed at a few racist jokes and even told some myself. I’m not proud of that and I typically assume the best of everyone (which is dangerous in and of itself), however the people in those jokes aren’t real to me, they’re hypothetical.

+