26000+ HEthens, can one help me out?

2 years, 6 months ago

Hello all, Humor me. I tried to make this entertaining to read:

Lets cut to brass tacks. I want to open a gym.

“WTF is this guy doing? This isn’t a Bodybuilding.com or some shit. Retarded meathead…”

Exactly

“What…”

I want to open a gym, but not so “me and my bro can get swoll brah”. We are already

“What a douche”

It’s a joke lighten up dill weed

“What the hell, how is dill weed an insult. That’s like calling me a carrot. You really got me…”

We’re done talking about this.

“But…”

DONE. Back to point. I want to open a gym. But not just a regular weights-and-machines, good-luck-hope-you-know-what-you’re-doing…

“So many hyphens”

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND LISTEN.

“Geez roid rage”

You are such a fu….*deep breath*…… Just hear me out ok? I want it to focus on the educational aspect of fitness, nutrition, and health. I want my gym to include a classroom (more of an auditorium) where people can come and watch videos about health, nutrition, fitness; Q&A with professors, athletes, nutritionist, etc; and really educate the public on scientifically proven results and methods

“So you’re going to make people come and watch your boring videos because you think we are just “the stupid mass”

Not boring

“Yea I’m sure”

I want the designs to be like fight science

“Like what?”

You have got to be kidding me. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCarSRnquLM&feature=related

“That was sick! Ima go knock a bitch OUT!”

Not the point. Did you learn anything?

“Well kinda. I didn’t realize your legs were so involved in a punch, or that a knock out = concussion”

Exactly. It was captivating, that’s why you learned. And I plan to make videos for all aspects of fitness: Running, different sports, fundamental ways to improve anything physical. And I want to use the same model for looking at nutrition and health such as how carbs, protein, and lipids work in your body; how diseases such a cancer and diabetes works inside your body; how improper weight lifting can injure your body.

“I mean I guess it’s a good idea…”

Are you still mad that you learned something?

“No!… Maybe…”

Stop crying like a bitch. you liked it right?

“It was pretty cool”

Exactly. That’s why I like the video idea. But there are more ways to educate people on health and fitness, and I need your help to come up with some.

“Idk man… I don’t know anything about that stuff”

I’m not asking you to tell me how to be healthier, I’m asking you what you want to know about.

“Oh…. Not really sure”

Well are there things you want in a gym like this? Something new, that goes beyond the “meathead, gym rat” stereo-type or basic weights and machines? Anything you can think of that you would like in a gym that will either educate/inform the public, or help them be healthier as a person?

“I do have an idea, why don’t you donate back to like Breast Cancer Awareness or something, since this is all “for the greater good of mankind” or whatever BS”

That….That’s your big idea? That. Is. PERFECT!

“Wait really? It was suppose to be ironic”

I know, but it’s also a great idea! Donate to organizations to help find a cure for diseases/awareness! It’s the exact vibe I’m looking for.

“Vibe? What are you 60?”

I’m 20

“Wait what….”

Hey every great idea started in a young mind. Besides the point. What about members who join, if they refer a local school, we give that school a percentage their money toward PE, sports programs, and health programs.

“Are you serious? Can you do that?”

Why the hell not? It’s my gym.

“Yea but… how will you make money”

Because people will come. I also want ideas on what you want in a gym. It is still fundamentally that.

“So why do any of the other things?”

I want to make the world a little bit better. “Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.” A quote from the Dalai Lama

“YOU HAVE A TALKING LLAMA?!?!”

I hate you sometimes… but this peace, sure it won’t be world peace, but can be self-peace. it can save lives and make people healthier and smarter as a whole. I’m sure that will have some great unforeseen consequences.

“I want to see your Llama now. He is very insightful. Can he save my marriage?”

You don’t even have a girlfriend.

“Wow…can’t believe you just went there….dick”

We’re done. If anyone else has any ideas I’d love to talk to them instead of you.

October 18, 2012 at 11:56 am

You must sign in or join to reply!

More Posts Like This

Profile photo of MonkeyZazu Get Up Now

I could of gave up thenbut it wasn’t my whentime was ticking fastand I knew it wouldn’t lastI had to get up now. I would of gave up thenbut it wasn’t my whenthe sun was setting todayand I knew I...

Profile photo of Prin Love

Love can break you,  Love can kill you, but it can also create you

Profile photo of Kimberly Cheeks InRetrospect: Faith

Honestly, I don’t what this is about or where this is going. I just feel the need to reach out. I hope this reaches each and everyone of you in good spirits with smiles on your faces. I need you all to understand...

Profile photo of Kristian I'm not telling you goodbye Dave…

You have an inoperable brain tumor and have 6 months to live. This is the news my work colleague Dave got last month. Dave is a soft spoken man with a big heart, hard work ethic, thirst for a variety of beers and rocks...

Profile photo of NihilismEnlightenment Does Good and Evil Exist in mind of the Doer ?

“If there is no extant God and no extant gods, no good and no evil, no right and no wrong, no meaning and no purpose: if there are no values that are inherently valuable; no justice that is ultimately justifiable; no...

Profile photo of Filip Wisdom of the Holy

Hello HEthens, what’s good? It’s time for another one of “those” threads. This one is about the bible, the word of god, Jesus, the antichrist, sin, heaven, hell, and the HUGE misconceptions about...

Profile photo of LucidLove Lightening In A Bottle

This year will be my first year attending Lightening In A Bottle in Bradley CA. I’m curious if any previous goers have tips or stories to share. Even people who have attended similar festivals like Coachella,...

Profile photo of Viner Cent ADHD is ruining my life

So I have self-diagnosed myself with ADHD for a long time now (looking back, I had it all my life but it is getting worse) as I have the shortest attention span. I buy a book that I wanted to read for months, after...

Profile photo of JDS8. trying to dig up and old HE post

hi guys ive been looking for this quote that i first read on here years ago and even then it was on one of the last pages so i think the post may have expired or something, i apologize for how vague this is but it was...

Profile photo of teaflower Is it possible to survive in today's society with out forsaking ourselves?

The more people I meet the more I realize how many people are unhappy with their life. It seems as if everyone is a victim of circumstance, and my question is do people ever get what they desire? Or do we all eventually...

Profile photo of Shea Going Mute

Today I realized that I didn’t need to talk anymore. There wasn’t anything I really needed to say. So starting tomorrow my friend and I were having this discussion and I will be going mute tomorrow for 30...

Profile photo of Green Spain Where to get good weed in Madrid (Spain)?

Hi HEthens! I came back from San Francisco a few months ago, after spending an incredible year over there. Of course California spoiled me, one of the things was the awesome weed from the dispensaries… I’ve...

Profile photo of Bluefin TIME

The only real currency you possess is time.  The problem with this currency is that you will not realize that you spent it on the wrong things until you realize that you don’t have enough left. Spend wisely my...

Profile photo of Connor Williamson Lucid dreaming books

Anybody have any suggestions for a lucid dreaming book for a beginner?

Profile photo of Johnnybla&c "Philosophy is useless.

As a major and as an activity” What do you guys think? Every time I hear this I feel like I have been stabbed in the heart… I love philosophy so much that I don’t know how to respond to this? DO you...