26000+ HEthens, can one help me out?

Homepage Forums Epiphanies & Ideas 26000+ HEthens, can one help me out?

Auston (@baptiste)    1 year, 9 months ago

Hello all, Humor me. I tried to make this entertaining to read:

Lets cut to brass tacks. I want to open a gym.

“WTF is this guy doing? This isn’t a Bodybuilding.com or some shit. Retarded meathead…”

Exactly

“What…”

I want to open a gym, but not so “me and my bro can get swoll brah”. We are already

“What a douche”

It’s a joke lighten up dill weed

“What the hell, how is dill weed an insult. That’s like calling me a carrot. You really got me…”

We’re done talking about this.

“But…”

DONE. Back to point. I want to open a gym. But not just a regular weights-and-machines, good-luck-hope-you-know-what-you’re-doing…

“So many hyphens”

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND LISTEN.

“Geez roid rage”

You are such a fu….*deep breath*…… Just hear me out ok? I want it to focus on the educational aspect of fitness, nutrition, and health. I want my gym to include a classroom (more of an auditorium) where people can come and watch videos about health, nutrition, fitness; Q&A with professors, athletes, nutritionist, etc; and really educate the public on scientifically proven results and methods

“So you’re going to make people come and watch your boring videos because you think we are just “the stupid mass”

Not boring

“Yea I’m sure”

I want the designs to be like fight science

“Like what?”

You have got to be kidding me. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCarSRnquLM&feature=related

“That was sick! Ima go knock a bitch OUT!”

Not the point. Did you learn anything?

“Well kinda. I didn’t realize your legs were so involved in a punch, or that a knock out = concussion”

Exactly. It was captivating, that’s why you learned. And I plan to make videos for all aspects of fitness: Running, different sports, fundamental ways to improve anything physical. And I want to use the same model for looking at nutrition and health such as how carbs, protein, and lipids work in your body; how diseases such a cancer and diabetes works inside your body; how improper weight lifting can injure your body.

“I mean I guess it’s a good idea…”

Are you still mad that you learned something?

“No!… Maybe…”

Stop crying like a bitch. you liked it right?

“It was pretty cool”

Exactly. That’s why I like the video idea. But there are more ways to educate people on health and fitness, and I need your help to come up with some.

“Idk man… I don’t know anything about that stuff”

I’m not asking you to tell me how to be healthier, I’m asking you what you want to know about.

“Oh…. Not really sure”

Well are there things you want in a gym like this? Something new, that goes beyond the “meathead, gym rat” stereo-type or basic weights and machines? Anything you can think of that you would like in a gym that will either educate/inform the public, or help them be healthier as a person?

“I do have an idea, why don’t you donate back to like Breast Cancer Awareness or something, since this is all “for the greater good of mankind” or whatever BS”

That….That’s your big idea? That. Is. PERFECT!

“Wait really? It was suppose to be ironic”

I know, but it’s also a great idea! Donate to organizations to help find a cure for diseases/awareness! It’s the exact vibe I’m looking for.

“Vibe? What are you 60?”

I’m 20

“Wait what….”

Hey every great idea started in a young mind. Besides the point. What about members who join, if they refer a local school, we give that school a percentage their money toward PE, sports programs, and health programs.

“Are you serious? Can you do that?”

Why the hell not? It’s my gym.

“Yea but… how will you make money”

Because people will come. I also want ideas on what you want in a gym. It is still fundamentally that.

“So why do any of the other things?”

I want to make the world a little bit better. “Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.” A quote from the Dalai Lama

“YOU HAVE A TALKING LLAMA?!?!”

I hate you sometimes… but this peace, sure it won’t be world peace, but can be self-peace. it can save lives and make people healthier and smarter as a whole. I’m sure that will have some great unforeseen consequences.

“I want to see your Llama now. He is very insightful. Can he save my marriage?”

You don’t even have a girlfriend.

“Wow…can’t believe you just went there….dick”

We’re done. If anyone else has any ideas I’d love to talk to them instead of you.

2 votes, posted 10.18.2012 at 11:56 am
+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.