30000 HEthens Strong!

Homepage Forums HighExistence.com 30000 HEthens Strong!

Fernando (@fpalazuelos1)    1 year, 8 months ago

It’s amazing the rate at which highexistence is growing.. Im glad to be a part of it..

Do you think highexistence has changed you in anyway?, or the way you think? I don’t post so often but I learn new things everyday here and read amazing stories and opinions from very interesting people. I hope it keeps expanding. Let’s keep on spreading this great vibe!!

0 votes, posted 11.25.2012 at 9:18 pm
+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

cadeus (@cadeus333)1 year, 8 months ago ago

@fpalazuelos1, It has not really changed me that much because I came here already open to many of the philosophies and ideas discussed here. What it has done is give me a medium to share my ideas and views and experiences other peoples views that I may have never heard otherwise. It is a source of daily inspiration and positivity for me. I am very thankful that I found it, it truly is a wonderful, intelligent and inspiring community.

I think the growth of this website really is a testament to the the fact that people are really thirsty for this kind of stuff. It’s a beautiful thing to see so many people interested in such important and possibly life changing subject matter.

+
Avatar of General Tits Von Chodehoffen

To many people. Used to be cooler.

+

@generaltitsvonchodehoffen, While this may be true and I don’t know that it is (I just joined HE this month) at least the important messages that can be found here are spreading. I think that is more important but that’s just me.

+
Skye (@skye)1 year, 8 months ago ago

@generaltitsvonchodehoffen, Agreed. There are too many off topics now. Too many people who all want the exact same things. We are turning into the society that we don’t want.

+
Living Stone (@cloudstuck)1 year, 8 months ago ago

@skye, what’s wrong with people wanting the same things? often the discussions are on a global scale and judging from the general viewpoint of most people on here, we all want peace? it is healthy for people to agree with things in that context.

what do you mean?

+
Healing Chime Audio (@healingchime)1 year, 8 months ago ago

@fpalazuelos1, numbers are abstract and mean nothing other than the value you give them. Most of us will converse with less than 1000 people or so on this site unless you live on your computer all day for the year. However the influence of the totality will be felt, the count is not at all important.

What is important to me is that a web portal can offer such a good unmoderated discussion format and that people can moderate themselves when needed.

+

@cloudstuck, I joined almost 2 years ago…. but was reading the blogs before that. I’m sure you have probably notices over the last year (few months more so), that the whole ‘vibe’ of this site has changed. It used to be about things like becoming the best person we could, but now a majority of the topics I see are about joining forces and finding people who believe in the same things. I guess what I am trying to get at is that this used to be a site full of people who were all different, now it’s becoming a site full of the same people.

+

@skye, maybe the people are becoming their authentic selves, which are inherently the same one self. food for thought

+

@healingchime, True. But at the same time, I feel that people are forgetting the base of this site

+
Filip (@filipek)1 year, 8 months ago ago

@generaltitsvonchodehoffen, Agreed. Unfortunately this usually happens when small communities grow out like HE did. Look at the amount of similar topics that are created over and over again. People are too lazy to read the FAQ, too lazy to use the search function, instead just starting a topic to get their answer as quickly as possible without having to put any effort in it. Furthermore less and less ‘highexistence’ topics are being made (in my opinion), this forum has grown out to a ‘ask a question about anything you want forum’. Well, what to say, c’est la vie, internet is bigger than HE only.

+

@cadeus333, yeah they are, and lost into oblivion after a few hours (not giving a lot of people the opportunity to read them), because of the huge flow of new topics being started.

Sorry to say, but not everybody has the time to read every single topic posted here, and it gets boring having to read throughout all the superficial/repetitive stuff to stumble upon a quality topic.

You will see how it will affect you after a few months.

+
Francina (@francina)1 year, 8 months ago ago

I haven’t been on HE for years like some of you, but i have been reading it for a decent length of time; and yeah the change in vibe is definite. I don’t care that there are reposts. Its hard to use the search function if you don’t know EXACTLY what you’re looking for. But what really bothers me is the amount of fluff being put on the discussion boards asking for advice on relationships or whatever. Seriously. Go ask Yahoo or something. In fact, someone has probably asked Yahoo already. There seems to be a question answered on that for every single thing that i’ve ever wondered. I jsut feel like HE isn’t the place you should be going to ask about such trivial things. alsooooo there is a creations thread for a reason! we dont need every person here to make their own thread about poetry or art! my jimmies are sufficently rustled. Rant over; I just had to get that out.

+
Anonymous (@)1 year, 8 months ago ago

I’ve only been here 6 months, but in that time the members have literally doubled. It’s pretty extraordinary if you think about it, and ultimately it IS awesome.

However I think the repetitive threads is just laziness, I really didn’t find it all that hard to figure out. In fact I remember thinking it was awesome that a topic that I wanted to talk about already existed and that I could find it so easily.

Now because of the repetitive threads people get snappy…and then unfortunately I think this carries over into the threads which do have substance. Some people have become really defensive, and I guess I don’t blame them, but HE and what it actually stands for really is wonderful. I hope people don’t forget that.

+

There are only 29009 active members really. http://www.highexistence.com/people

+
Matthew (@ojai)1 year, 8 months ago ago

The topic of HE changing just gives people a reason to bitch. I feel like people will always just say “eh, it was better before it got popular” about everything once it gains some sort of following. People say they miss the old HE, miss the old topics and the way it used to be BUT at the same damn time hold this mindset of “it’s gone and never coming back”, which I’ll never ever understand.

It’s not like we are Facebook. We don’t have millions and millions of members joining. Facebook has over a billion people on it and people seem to compare HE even though HE only has 30,000 people hahaha….

I call it exaggeration.

Sure there will be new users who post the same topics and what not but whatever…is it that big of a deal? You would think for a forum of people who are supposedly seeing the greener side of the grass, usually, that the notion of change and understanding would be better.

+

@ojai, Well said my friend!

+
Michael (@mike)1 year, 8 months ago ago

I’m in agreeance with @ojai,

I’ve been here since the very beginnings. Yes, HE has changed. Change is the only constant; nothing remains static. It was good then, for a smaller community, and it is good now, as a larger one.

Be the change you want to see. Your attitudes now will define the direction HE goes.

Much love.

+

@skye, you could always start your own site

+
Josh (@reinvented2012)1 year, 8 months ago ago

@fpalazuelos1 This site has definitely been great for me, taught me things and opened my mind to new philosophies and ideas. I have a great time reading and writing in posts and having engaging conversations with other members. I think it is awesome that the site is growing. Its awesome that people are open minded enough to read the posts here, watch the movies and so on. I agree with @healingchime that if you are mad people are joining this site then start your own. How could you not want more people to join up and share new ideas and have different points of view. I am pretty sure that the guy who started this is happy as hell that more and more people are taking a liking to the site and expressing themselves. This all allows us to express ourselves to people that wont judge and maybe get some insight into something we have questions about. The more people the better as long as everyone is on the same page. Aren’t we all here to learn and talk with other like minded individuals and gain insight into the world that we cannot see?
@filipek @skye I think that you are looking at this the wrong way and I dont understand why you think its bad the site is expanding. This is a free think site so if you want things how they used to be (whatever that means) then post videos, blogs and pics and bring some of that content back.

+
Martijn Schirp (@martijn)1 year, 8 months ago ago

Just came on and saw this, I find it amazing. Seeing HE grow from nothing to 30k is breath taking inspiring.

What I learned most by now is that people always find a reason to bitch, so actually I am not that impressed by ‘the vibe has changed’. I still love the catalystic power it has on self-reflection and vocabulary. Its an information powerhouse, a incessant rhetorical dance between beautiful minds connected criss cross of space and time.

I also learned that relationship aren’t the most trivial things, they are more the fundamentals were ‘higher’ thinking can grow out of. I am now travelling in Nepal in areas where not having social support means you won’t last for long and there is a daily search for food and shelter. If people ask here for help, you don’t ask why, you will help them. The only thing that we might lose in this growing bubble of fantastic information is a blindness to that which we find is ‘not important for us who decide what is important in life and what is not’. Seriously, does anyone know really? Just keep your intentions pure and this little stream of amazing people will flood the world.

Thank you everyone for being here and being the person you are right now, I find our unity in diversity amazing and would not have it any other way. I hope one day we will wake up in our collective dream and give our children and loved ones the world they deserve to live in.

+

@martijn, you have nice words of wisdom. thanks for proclaiming it!~

+

@filipek, I can see how increasing numbers would effect the quality of the subject matter here. I have been on just about every day since I joined and I often see subject matter that I don’t think is appropriate for this site, as I’m sure there are people here that might think the subject matter I post is not appropriate to the site but I try keep what I post in line with the mission statement of HE.

I have not found the increasing membership of the site to water down the subject matter, but as I said, I am new, so I do not have your frame of reference and I may find this to be the case in the future as you said.

As of right now, I am very pleased with HE.

+

@ojai, I know what you are saying and I do partially agree, especially with the clinging to old habits, believes and ‘the way it used to be was always better than it was mentality’. Change was, is and always will be, nothing wrong with that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with change, on the contrary, change is what makes us grow in the first place. The problem is the quantity, not the quality. I do believe that the quality of HE remains the same, or maybe even grows because of the more people sharing their believes.

The problem is that with growth, not only quality grows, but the opposite of that grows as well. Due to this, ‘bad topics’ become more prominent and we start to remember those bad topics more as well. If you look at the relatively then it may be true that at the beginning the same amount of ‘bad’ topics were started, but if you look at it absolutely you see that there are more right now.

And with ‘bad’ I mean not in line with HE’s mission statement. There is nothing wrong with talking about the color of your shit, or the new fragrance by Gucci or Dolce Gabanna that came on the market, but this simply is not the place for these kind of talks.

I find a lot of interesting topics being started daily on HE, the problem is that I just do not have time (I do not wish to make time for this) to spit through all the ‘bad’ topics. When HE was smaller, it was easier and less time consuming. I wish my day had 48 hours, would make a lot of things so much easier, but it is how it is.

@cadeus333, well yeah as I actually already said. I agree with you, I am also very pleased with HE, that is why I visit it almost daily!

+
DaJetPlane (@lytning91)1 year, 8 months ago ago

No matter what people say about the days when HE used to be “better,” it always remains the case that this website has and is continuing to provide a highly beneficial experience for those who come to it.

These older generations of HEthens whine far too much about the glory days and, instead of actively working with the changes to make the next generation appreciate HE as much as they did, they get all pessimistic, even to the point of withdrawing from the site altogether. Looking backwards, as I’m sure anyone here knows, is a waste of one’s time. The world doesn’t stop turning or growing just because “the old days were better.”

If you aren’t about the continuation and longevity of this website, then don’t waste anyone else’s time bogging the community down with you “Oh, WOE is ME!!” crap. Some of us are still bent on overcoming the adversity and challenges presented by an ever-growing population, and all your bitterness does is attempt to ruin the community for new users.

If you don’t like it, LEAVE.

+

Oh, wow. :) Even @martijn complains that bitching for what the environment he and Jordan created is changing.

Good story bros! Take a look at your life without HE and without those contacts and being accepted as who you are. I don’t think the quantity has a value here. :)

+