61,000 sign petition to have Piers Morgan deported

Homepage Forums Welcome to HighExistence 61,000 sign petition to have Piers Morgan deported

cadeus (@cadeus333)    1 year, 6 months ago

http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-sign-us-petition-deport-piers-morgan-141037563.html

The petition is now at 61,000. What are your thoughts on this?

0 votes, posted 12.26.2012 at 10:15 pm
+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DaJetPlane (@lytning91)1 year, 6 months ago ago

I lol’ed

+
yoinkie (@yoinkie)1 year, 6 months ago ago

@cadeus333, probably the dumbest article I’ve read in a while. A lot of stupid people sign stupid petitions.

+
Zykanthos (@chodebalm)1 year, 6 months ago ago

^^^This

+
cadeus (@cadeus333)1 year, 6 months ago ago

http://www.dailypaul.com/267607/uk-petition-stop-piers-morgan-from-being-deported-back-to-the-uk-from-america

I agree, but apparently it’s not that stupid. The UK doesn’t want us to send him back lol. He really should expect this sort of reaction when calling gun owners dangerous idiots and such. I’ve never liked him but this is pretty extreme but then again so is his rhetoric lately.

+
Joshua Lloyd (@briggs22)1 year, 6 months ago ago

The fact that people want him detained purely because of his anti-gun beliefs highlights some seriously stupid and ignorant people. For that, I thank him. It’s always fun reading some absurd comments from people who respond to him on Twitter. Arrogant and ‘high-horsey’ of me? Yes. But the opinions and views of others can be rather shocking at time.

Anyhow, the guy did some nasty, nasty things in the UK. He hacked into ‘celebrities’ phones and spread their personal life in his newspaper and faked photographs from Iraqi soldiers being mistreated by our own forces purely to get attention/sales for himself and his newspaper. He purposefully ruined many people’s lives (I imagine) for the purpose of his own popularity/gain. For that, I call him a Grade A C*nt.

Nonetheless, I tend to side with him and his opinion on ‘the right to bear arms’, although he’s missing a point. One of the main reasons I believe as to why people do such things is because of how the media portrays these serial killers; they turn them into famous people. The media always want a story, a la Piers Morgan, which is why it pisses me of when he blames nothing but the gun, considering he would normally jump at opportunity to sell a story for the purpose his own good. Again, Grade A C*nt.

+
Ray Butler (@trek79)1 year, 6 months ago ago

Dumb people want him gone because they can’t think up anything more reasonable to counter his points. I agree with better gun control, you can’t just let any dumbass get guns, people who know nothing about appropriate storage and security, that is frign obvious. You have the right to a gun but you do not need any qualifications for it, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
I’m drunk btw :)

+
Quig (@quig)1 year, 6 months ago ago

The funniest thing is that Morgan will in no way be deported.

That White House petition thing is the dumbest thing I ever saw.

+
savmot (@savmot)1 year, 6 months ago ago

Everyone who signed that petition is a nutcase.
Firstly for wanting someone deported because they don’t like their opinion, and secondly for thinking that if they sign a petition he might get deported.

+
Zykanthos (@chodebalm)1 year, 6 months ago ago

I just wanna know 2 things:

1 – Are people really expecting that a petition is going to have any effect on what happens to him?

2 – Why bother????????????????????

Who gives a shit? It’s beyond me why people want to focus their attention on this guy.

+
Anonymous (@)1 year, 6 months ago ago

I love this guy, I hate the idiots who signed the petition: what about freedom of speech you fucking morons!
Enough said.

+
Ray Butler (@trek79)1 year, 6 months ago ago

I haven’t seen much of his work, what I have seen is he is very confronting and quick to ridicule on impulse, but that just reminds me of every republican I have ever seen. As they say; Controversy=Cash, that is all I see. You have shock jocks spewing right wing rhetoric all over the place, it is refreshing to see a no nonsense Liberal for once, Liberals are usually too concerned with peoples feelings to say what they really feel or what ever immediately comes to mind.
Morgan is entertainment, maybe not as rational as Colbet or Stewart, but he has a place in the thought process, a biased balancing counter to all the other biased opinion.

+
Mosesonator (@mosesonator)1 year, 6 months ago ago

Anyone remember all the petitions from different states to secede from the US? Many of those petitions met or exceeded the 50,000 required signatures, yet received no federal response or media coverage (as far as I’ve seen, the mainstream media only ever reported that Georgia had such a petition.

Since then, we’ve only heard about relatively silly petitions, such as this one & the petition to build a death star for national security.

This is because existing governments dont openly silence their opposition. Instead, they try to deligitimize it, as is the case with the legitimate seccession petitions being bogged down by these recent, silly ones.

Ask yourself, before the seccession petitions, have you ever really heard about this petition system on the news? and has it ever been portrayed as this trivial? I warn you, fellow HEthens, the last democratic process that the average citizen can directly involve themself in is quickly being trampled on by the most democratic government in the world.

+
KevinSG (@flyingrhino)1 year, 6 months ago ago

speaking of pointless whitehouse petitions, whatever happened to those seceding state petitions?

+
Alex (@alexishungry)1 year, 6 months ago ago

@cadeus333, I laughed. It’s funny if you imagine it was made jokingly. But I know a lot of people who sign things like that are serious, and that’s disappointing. Do we not have rights? I don’t understand how some people can honestly think we would just deport people who say things we don’t like. (*First amendment to the Constitution!*)

+
James (@ilooklikeawaterbottle)1 year, 6 months ago ago

@cadeus333, @lytning91,

I lol’ed as well, then i remembered I saw this a few days ago, I actually like piers

+
cadeus (@cadeus333)1 year, 6 months ago ago

It was definitely made tongue and cheek, there was no expectation that it was going to be taken seriously. The guy is a liar and a slimeball to say the least but to say people are nuts for signing it is a little off base. Not many countries would tolerate an American in their media subverting their constitution or rule of law on national television, but seeing as every other media outlet is pushing the same agenda, it does not surprise me at all.

+