Improve your Immune System
I have been constantly getting sick in the past few years after visiting for a summer a country with lots of pollutants in the air. There I was coughing all summer and had horrible asthma. After I cam back, I started getting sick more often in the winter. I am wondering what is your way of staying healthy?
Any tips on improving immune system?
Vitamins that you recommend?
Exercises that you have noticed keeps your colds away?
I honestly feel like I have tried EVERYTHING and I just can’t stop getting sick so often.
I’ve looked into chinese principles recently, and every time I’ve gotten a cold since, I’ve gotten rid of it within a day or two. It’s sort of like common sense, but you have to think about it a fair bit, and unfortunately, all the advice is holistic instead of quick fix. Upgrade your diet to include better meat and more healthy veg, exercise more, try and get out in nature often, but on top of that smile, be happy, laugh. Biggest health boost you can get
Vitamins wise, if you have the spare money, buy a whole bunch from different sources, test them out and try and notice which work. In my experience 5-HTP is wonderful for good sleep, cod liver oils pretty good for feeling limber, and reishi mushroom extract is the boss at making you feel capable of taking on life.
Specifically for a cold, when you feel it coming on chop an onion, and get some essential oil (peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree). Boil some water, pour it in a big bowl, stick everything in, and hold your face in the bowl (not touching the water, cos it’s boiling :p) covered with a towel, so you’re getting a face sauna. Gets rid of eeeeeverything in my experience.
Also, I’d recommend this guy’s youtube vids no end for this kind of advice. Hours of useful stuff:
Spend the time and read just the first two pages of that topic. It’ll blow your mind.
Work in a restaurant, seems to do it for me. I don’t remember the last time I was sick
A healthy mind is a healthy body. Try brewing reishi mushroom tea and/or Chaga mushroom tea. Eat a raw diet and include superfoods/superherbs.
1. Fix your diet. So much poison in “normal” food. And a lot of it can’t be digested, so it just stays in your tract and ferments, giving rise to myriads of bad bacteria and even worms, releasing loads of sulfur and acids and even ethanol into your blood stream. As if something rotting in there wasn’t bad enough.
Ditch the damn grains, they MAKE YOU SICK. And don’t eat starchy foods together with meaty foods, that makes it impossible to digest. I’m not saying you can’t mix, but this stupid 50/50 stuff that’s common is just plain insane.
2. Exercise. Your body is built to be used a certain way, if it isn’t used this way it won’t work very well.
3. DON’T STRESS. You’ve probably heard this one a million times before, but it’s crucial. Don’t stress, stress wrecks your immune system.
4. Vitamin supplements are worthless. Get plenty of vitamins, minerals and omega3 from your food and you should be fine. Seafood is awesome for this, mussels are very good and also cheap. Spinach and eggs are also top notch. Berries are prime sources of vitamins and antioxidants.
5. Get sufficient sleep. 8-9 hours of quality sleep. You get your best sleep if you fall asleep before 11, so get to bed on time.
6. Take it easy with the chemicals. Hygiene stuff, I mean. Most of it doesn’t help you at all, only makes you sick. And too much is too much. I’m not saying stop using it, but just go easy on it.
@nickc2007, Nice! Another person who watches Brandon. He changed my life man.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.