“Leave the house before you find something worth staying in for.” – Banksy
Sometimes the most important part of the journey is just getting started, you know? I like that quote and Banksy’s art a lot. I named my dog after him.
“Do the best you can, with what you’ve got, right now.”
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter” -Dr. Seuss
“The first step to living a truly significant life, is to first realize how truly insignificant you really are.”
“Never get the ‘bonus features’ on a car or technology, they’re just one more thing that could break” -My old man
Off the top of my head:
1. It’s not the whistle that moves the train.
2. Kites rise against the wind, not with it.
3. Everyone’s gifted. But if you’re going to judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend all its life thinking it is foolish. – Albert Einstein
4. When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before. – Jacob Riis
5. It is not worth an intelligent man’s time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that. – G.H. Hardy
6. Do or don’t. There’s no try. – Albus Dumbledore (J.K. Rowling, actually)
|Be The Change 2013|
This I found as a powerful one. We often get lost in the illusions of love – but based upon my life’s experiences and the body of knowledge of work of M. Scott Peck and Eckhart Tolle was this definition of love formed:
“An enthusiasm to willfully and compassionately create and empower with lavish abundance.” – Adam Wallis
Dan Millman: Life has just three rules?
Mine is ‘Lose your cleverness and buy yourself bewilderment.’ – Rumi
I have also recently developed a love of putting together quotes/messages, together with images… The first ones I have created are right here: http://www.brainwavelove.com/images-to-inspire/ and I hope to keep populating the blog with more… I think the combination of words+image really is a powerful one, and I simply love doing it :)
“Not all of us can do great things. But we all can do small things with great love.”
“Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.”
“it is the paradox of life that the way to miss pleasure is to seek it first. the very first condition of lasting happiness is that a life should be full of purpose, aiming at something outside self”
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
A few of my favorites.. :)
My favorite as of late:
This topic has been closed as there now exists a section of the site specifically for inspirational quotes.
The topic ‘Inspirational quotes…’ is closed to new replies.