Mushroom Experts, I am calling upon you!

2 years, 6 months ago

These are growing in my backyard and I am just curious what kind they are and if they are hallucinogenic or what have you.

Thanks in advance!

05.14.2012 at 3:47 pm

You must sign in or join to reply!

0
Profile photo of Alex Alex (@hollowinfinity) 2 years, 6 months ago ago

Not an expert, but I don’t see any discoloration anywhere, especially the stems, which makes me think they aren’t hallucinogenic, and they are growing in grass.
Of course, I’m unsure though!

[Hidden]
+
0
Profile photo of Eric Eric (@blankey) 2 years, 6 months ago ago

@hollowinfinity, Thanks for the response! And yeah, I’m pretty sure they aren’t hallucinogenic but I thought I’d upload them just in case because they’ve been growing on and off for the past year, almost like they want me to eat them :P

[Hidden]
+
0
Profile photo of Ellie Ellie (@tangledupinplaid21) 2 years, 6 months ago ago

“Eat meee Eric!!!!”

[Hidden]
+
0
Profile photo of Cody Cody (@versai) 2 years, 6 months ago ago

http://americanmushrooms.com/lawnandgarden.htm

Link of common lawn shrooms, pics and effects. Good luck, but nah that doesn’t look magical.

[Hidden]
+
0
Profile photo of Chad Chad (@chadbeland) 2 years, 2 months ago ago

I studied mycology for a few months in school and learned that little brown mushrooms, especially with knife-like gills are usually the most deadly. If nothing else, you can keep that little bit of knowledge with you when you find mushrooms

[Hidden]
+
0
Profile photo of Nothing Lasts Nothing Lasts (@nothinglasts) 2 years, 2 months ago ago

Not a mushroom expert but have done my research. You can never tell without comparing spore prints. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS to eat wild mushrooms. They can cause kidney and liver failure if you miss identify. Please do not eat!

[Hidden]
+
0
Profile photo of Eric Eric (@blankey) 2 years, 2 months ago ago

@nothinglasts, No worries. Would never do so even if someone told me they were edible and hallucinogenic, just was curious ha.

[Hidden]
+
0
Profile photo of  Anonymous (@) 2 years, 2 months ago ago

I eat any mushroom i come across. :)

Puked a few times, felt fine for the rest. (no one told me you had to BOIL fly agaric :( )

These are NOT psilocybe. These can be eaten though – they usually grow in massive clumps. If in about 2-3 days they turn an oily black they are definitely edible. Yum yum!

[Hidden]
+
0
Profile photo of L.T L.T (@1love) 2 years, 2 months ago ago

i can say with 99.9% guarantee that this is not a psilocybin mushroom. Please do not eat that!

The only trip you might get is dmt exploding in your brain in the event of death

[Hidden]
+
Reply to this topic
0
Profile photo of Eric

More Posts Like This

Sunday 11.23.2014
6

TEST OF THREE

In ancient Greece (469 – 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for...

0

Astronomers Find Quasars Are Aligned Across...

I wanted to share this really cool article with you guys....