So, just wanted to share this incase you can relate.
This means I have $35 dollars in my pocket to get me through a WHOLE week. Damn… Having no money is NO joke.
well tony , put it in the drawer and dont keep it in your pocket if you wanna keep it. in the pocket it will fall out that is sure!!
i just blew 175 euro shopping at the supermarket today. stocked up for the next snow storm hit us.
I do that all the time man, you’ll be alright!
Live on only what you truly need. Instead of blowing your cash on expensive drinks at a bar try investing 60$ and buying a beer kit.
Lol $35 is more than enough for an entire week. Are you in college? Have you ever been in college? People live off less than that all the time. Unless you have a family to support, in which case that sucks.
If you only have $80 and you waste $25< on pointless dumb stuff and then misplace another $10 you should take a look at your life. If you think having no money is such a bad thing, why the hell did you make it happen?
$35 for a week isn’t even that bad. Seriously. You could easily get through the week without any trouble with that money. I survived perfectly fine (and healthy) on $7 a week for almost three months. Then I ran out of money and lived without money for another two months, without any problems.
You put yourself in this situation, and then you try to turn it into something horrible which it really isn’t. It isn’t hard to get through a week on 35 dollars.
Get a flask!
And save some money.
Ahh, I guess it sounded a lot harsher then I wanted it to..
Learn to not spend money?
hmm. I get paid about $200 a week. $100 goes to rent each week of the month, about $25 to food. About $30 a week for other bills. $20 a week for weed/alcohol.
Self-discipline : )
|General Tits Von Chodehoffen|
“I hate money” Yeah fucking right…
Some of my friends from college graduated with ~$80,000 in debt… now that’s a scary number. They are going to be tied to desk jobs for the rest of their lives.
* sell stuff on craigslist for quick extra cash. Sell stuff on ebay (but this requires time, money to invest for shipping, and you will only have money on paypal which is time consuming to get into the bank. But you can buy stuff online with money you earned selling your unneeded items. You can buy legumes or whatnot through amazon for example).
* if you HAVE TO go to bar because it happens to be necessary for your survival, bring flask to bar, order water or just juice, turn away and spike drink. Been doing this for years and don’t feel that bad about it because I still tip.
* take transit for a while, save on gas for that week. You’re wasting more time but if you really can’t scrape money for food, you have to sacrifice something.
* restaraunts throw away a lot of food. Talk to some and maybe you can get a few free meals. You’d be surprised. Also there is dumpster diving if you’re into that. But I ran into a couple of restaurants that save ruined orders and let people hand them to homeless by the end of the day.
* I can’t really relate because all my savings and extra money goes to prosthodontics and if I need extras, I do extras to earn that extra and spend it on extra. I feel health is more important than anything else, so I try not to complain about having to invest in that and not be able to afford what most people my age can afford instead.
@emjay Haha… you know they’re always down to provide ice and a container, and that’s really mostly the main component of what makes a bar drink aesthetically pleasing to drink as a bar drink. Everything else you can bring on your own for free and make it happen if you really want to.
@emjay haha. Just save money and if you want anything that isn’t something you NEED then make that extra money by sacrificing something (selling something, working extra, etc) in order to get your cake. Doing this (besides obviously helping control the spending) really shows you what is the true worth of wanted things for you and what you value more or what means little to you. By this kind of investing you won’t feel unhappy about where your money is going. Also, keep in mind larger plans because it puts into perspective what you REALLY wanted to get and helps you get it (for example, the value of 100$ NOT spent on bar tab vs that 100$ spent in a liqor store on a sale day a month later. I mean, alcohol is a horrible example but I mean it sounds like that’s what we have in common, errrrm)
You’ll still be here tomorrow, unless your not. But you’ll probably still be here.
I do hate money Tits. Why wouldn’t I? It controls people, and therefore everything. If I get by, I’m fine.
Don’t drink or drink half as much.
P.S. You can sell plasma.
Money is what is holding us back. It is an illusion. Once people FINALLY realize this we can evolve.
Nah I ain’t saying she a gold digger.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.