Things I learned from Disney movies
OK, so the main list is comical as all get out to me. However, I DO want serious answers. What are things YOU learned, or lessons you feel can be learned, from some of your fave movies as a kid (not limited to Disney/Pixar)….?
(Here is the funny list)
1. Don’t touch the butt.
2. It’s okay to disobey your father sometimes; he will learn a lesson.
3. Just keep swimming.
4. Swim down, everyone swim down!
5. Sometimes the ugly beast is the one you want.
6. Clownfish aren’t really funny.
7. Lions make good actors in Shakespeare plays.
8. You can stare into the sun for long periods of time without going blind.
9. Fish are friends, not food!
10. Don’t walk across logs, or else you’ll get old.
11. Once you crack open a gourd, the middle never dries up.
12. You can paint well with only your thumb.
13. Don’t touch spinning wheels.
14. Look where you’re flying or you’ll end up in a rhino’s butt.
15. All good fairies are fat.
16. Sometimes the good-looking guys are assholes.
17. All clocks are stuck-up anal-heads.
18. Candelabras give good romantic advice.
19. Teapots can be comforting.
20. Silverware can put on a good show.
21. The gray stuff is delicious!
22. If you step off the edge of a balcony a magic carpet will always be there.
23. Faking your identity gets girls to like you.
24. You’ll find your true love if you run away.
25. Stay away from apples.
26. Tigers are good pets.
27. If you cut off your hair you’ll look like a boy.
28. As long as you can retrieve two arrows you’re suddenly a man.
29. Know how to swim.
30. All crickets are lucky.
31. Your ancestors are all grumpy old farts.
32. Mushu is not pork, it’s a dragon. (NOT a lizard either).
33. After an avalanche you will pop out of the snow like a daisy.
34. It’s okay to meet your Prince Charming at age 13.
35. It’s okay to live with 7 older men as long as they’re short.
36. If you sing a song animals will come to your cleaning aid.
37. If you sing a song people around you will automatically know what it is and sing along.
38. You should always be put in a glass coffin in case a prince is walking through the woods.
39. Magic talking mirrors will betray you to your evil stepmother.
40. Mice will help you; free them.
41. Living in the savannah for too long will make you have trippy hallucinations about your dead lion father.
42. Apparently, your uncle can banish you from your homeland forever.
43. If a fire completely destroys your home, it’ll be back to normal in time for the credits.
44. Belle can talk to horses.
45. And sheep.
46. Household knickknacks can protect your home from invaders.
47. The beast will let you go if you have a smokin’ hot daughter to take your place.
48. Singing about how you want something will ultimately bring it to you.
49. Telling a dead person that you love them brings them back to life.
50. A diamond in the rough can be found in unlikely places.
51. If English settlers make a stop near your homeland, you might just want to nail one of them.
52. You can in fact survive a dive from the top of a very tall waterfall.
53. Learning a new language is as easy as listening to the wind.
54. Misplacing one of your high heels will bring a hot guy to your door.
55. Trading in your voice for a chance at love with a guy you’ve only seen once is a wonderful idea.
56. The claw chooses who will go and who will stay.
57. Toys don’t fly. They fall with style.
58. Toys can see everything. So play nice.
59. If you tell a lie, your nose will grow.
60. If you kill Santa, you become him.
61. There are restaurants that will cater to dogs.
62. If you are truly badass, you will have a villainy theme song.
63. Always bow to the monkey.
64. Red-headed lions are the good guys.
65. Red-headed lions are temperamental.
66. If you don’t like your sibling, you can turn them into a rug.
67. Antelope will eat your dead bodies.
68. If your nephew becomes king, you become a monkey’s uncle.
69. Never walk through a line of zebras after two lion cubs.
70. Hyenas make enough puns that you can run away in time.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
You think I’m an ignorant savage
And you’ve been so many places
I guess it must be so
But still I cannot see
If the savage one is me
How can there be so much that you don’t know?
You don’t know …
You think you own whatever land you land on
The Earth is just a dead thing you can claim
But I know every rock and tree and creature
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name
You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You’ll learn things you never knew you never knew
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned?
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest
Come taste the sunsweet berries of the Earth
Come roll in all the riches all around you
And for once, never wonder what they’re worth
The rainstorm and the river are my brothers
The heron and the otter are my friends
And we are all connected to each other
In a circle, in a hoop that never ends
How high will the sycamore grow?
If you cut it down, then you’ll never know
And you’ll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
For whether we are white or copper skinned
We need to sing with all the voices of the mountains
We need to paint with all the colors of the wind
Pocahontas is ma girl.