Jordan Lejuwaan • • 5 min read
Teachings of Abraham-Hicks: Tapping the Universal Source
Jerry and Esther Hicks travel around the world sharing the teachings of of ‘Abraham,’ a group consciousness from the non-physical dimension that communicates to those who listen through Esther.
Translation: Esther Hicks channels a group of non-physical, spiritual beings that are conglomerated into ‘Abraham,’ the name they call themselves. They seek only to provide advice to us about the law of attraction and the inter-workings of the universe. Esther refers to Abraham as infinite intelligence while Jerry describes them as an expression of unconditional love.
How is this possible?
Upon meeting her husband, Esther began to meditate intensely on a daily basis. Eventually due to her receptivity and ability to reach an abnormally high level of vibration (usually only attained by experienced meditation experts), Abraham approached her. Esther is now able to call upon Abraham at any time by vibrating at this level. Abraham speaks and moves through Esther’s body in order to teach those that choose to listen to their insight.
That sounds insane. How can this be true?
The Law of Attraction itself is a very radical idea so how much more unbelievable is this anyways? Most of the world believes that there is an omnipotent being up above that judges us on actions and condemns us to heaven or hell. Within the context of religion (which Abraham addresses frequently), Esther being able to channel a group consciousness sounds very sane and believable. And regardless of whether you believe that Esther actually channels Abraham, the insights that are spoken are nonetheless profound.
The following is a summary of a seminar that Esther/Abraham spoke at concerning the Law of Attraction. Abraham stated after the speech that this was the best way they have explained the workings of the Universe thus far. I find it to be a very effective metaphor so hopefully it will be of help to you as well.
A major metaphor that Abraham uses is a fast flowing river that represents the flow of the universe or source. We are all floating on this stream, but the majority of people are fighting against the current. They do not like what is occurring in their lives so they swim upstream instead of simply floating down it. Most of humanity is obsessed with getting upstream. The problem with going against the current is that you will be tired out and beaten up by the fast flowing water. Not going with the flow is at the heart of every negative emotion you feel. When one stops fighting the current and lets the force turn them around and push them downstream, they will feel relief.
Anytime you speak of what you do not want, what hurts you, what you are unhappy with, you are attempting to go upstream. You are stifling your ability to simply float down river towards the manifestation of your desires. In the same way that focusing on what you want brings it to you, focusing on what you do not want also brings undesired things to you. The Law of Attraction works in both direction very well. We have been trained all of our lives to acknowledge what is wrong which is why it is so difficult to let go and float down stream.
Additionally the law of attraction brings us thoughts that are similar to the thoughts that we are putting out into the universe. When you complain about something have you not noticed that even more negative, complaining thoughts come soon after? The same applies when you focus on the positive: more realizations of the good in your life come to you.
A great bit of knowledge that you can take this from metaphor is that it does not matter where you are in the river. You have no reason to wish you were further up or downstream because you are constantly flowing towards your desires (unless you are fighting against the current). Therefore discontent should not be in your emotional vocabulary. Discontent is another form of trying to swim upstream. Trust in the flow and do not concern yourself with your position within the river.
What do you do when you find yourself thinking a negative thought?
Abraham : Simply say nevermind, that was an upstream thought, and forget about it.
Conclusion: You only have two choices: Upstream or downstream. To feel better or worse. You are faced with this decision during every second of your existence so which choice are you going to make?
Short Version of Abraham Teachings:
(Taken from the official website.)
1) “You are a physical extension of that which is non-physical.” You are not simply starting you life here on earth and waiting to finish and be with god or other non-physical beings. You are on the cutting edge because you are here putting out wants and intentions and propagating the universe forward.
2) “You are here in body because you chose to be here.” You chose to experience this “delicious contrast of time and space” and to explore your wants with other joy-seeking beings.
3) “The basis of your life is freedom, the purpose of your life is joy.” I think this one is pretty self-explanatory.
4) “You are a creator, you create with your every thought.” Everyday you are attracting what you give your attention to. Whether it be pain, anger, happiness, wealth, success, love, you ARE attracting what you think about.
5) “Anything that you can imagine can be yours to be or have.” It matters no how large or impossible the object of your desire seems to you. To the universe, it is all the same. You can just at easily attract a fortune as you can a meal. Also, the speed at which your desires manifest is directly proportional to the intensity of your positive thought.
6) “As your are choosing your thoughts, your emotions are guiding you.” Your inner being or unconscious guides you with emotions. If you think of negative things, you will experience negative emotions. Take your emotions as directions for what you should be thinking about.
7) “The universe adores you for it knows your broadest intentions.” The universe is constantly guiding you towards your purpose.
8 ) “Relax into your natural well-being. All is well.” As you go with the flow and learn to appreciate more things, more pathways for appreciation with be opened up in your life.
9) “You are a creator of thoughtways on your unique pathway of joy.” No one can limit your thoughts, thus you control your own pathway to bliss.
10) “Actions to be taken and possessions to be exchanged are by-products of your focus on joy. Your actions will be inspired, your resources will be abundance and you will know by the way you feel that your are fulfilling your reason for life.”
11) “You may appropriately depart from your body without illness or pain.” Your natural state is that of health and well-being (but you may choose otherwise).
12) “You cannnot die, you are everlasting life.” You may eventually choose to relax and change back into your non-physical state of pure, positive energy. But you will not cease to exist, you are foreverness.
You can check out the official website of Abraham-Hicks here.